Table of contents
- Facts about bagless vacuum cleaners
- About bagless vacuum cleaners
- Cheap bagless vacuum cleaner
- The best cheap bagless vacuum cleaners
- The cheapest bagless vacuum cleaners
- Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
- What is a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner?
- Sound Level
- Bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair
- Light bagless vacuum cleaner
- Benefits of Getting a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- Disadvantages of buying a bagless vacuum cleaner (as compared to a bagged one)
- Popular bagless vacuum cleaner brands
Facts about bagless vacuum cleaners
Type of floor vacuum cleaners
- The best bagless vacuum cleaner is Miele Blizzard CX1 PowerLine SKRF3 according to our comparison. The vacuum cleaner achieved a score of 94/100.
- Several test magazines have tested bagless vacuum cleaners, where various test winners are awarded. For example; Philips FC9741 is the best bagless vacuum cleaner in ETM Test magazines test of 9 models in 04/2018. Miele Blizzard CX1 Efficiency EcoLine SKCG3 was the best bagless vacuum cleaner in Stiftung Warentest’s test from 2/2020, and AEG LX9-3-ÖKO was test winner in Haus & Garten Test’s tests from 08/2019.
- Bagless vacuum cleaners are available to meet various vacuuming needs; you can find models suited for pet hair, cheap models, quiet models and many others.
- The average sound level for the bagless vacuum cleaners is 77 dB, while it is 74 dB for the bagged models.
- The price is 210 £ on average for a bagless vacuum cleaner. It is 136 £ for a bagged vacuum cleaner.
About bagless vacuum cleaners
Bagless vacuum cleaners have become popular in recent years for several good reasons. With a bagless vacuum cleaner, you don’t think about changing dust bags, which save you money in the long run and is less troublesome.
We have compared a total of 32 floor vacuum cleaners, where 13 of them are bagless models, and 9 of them are with the bag. The average score in our comparison for bagless vacuum cleaners is 88/100, while it is 90/100 for bagged models.
The best bagless vacuum cleaner is Miele Blizzard CX1 PowerLine SKRF3 in our comparison, which achieved a score of 94/100. Among the bagged models, Henry Compact HVR 160-11 is the best.
Cheap bagless vacuum cleaner
The average price for a bagless vacuum cleaner is 210 £ (in comparison it is 136 £ for a bagged model). The best cheap bagless vacuum cleaner (under 100 £) is Shark CV100UKT according to our comparison, which achieved a score of 88/100 with a price of 99 £. Many of the well-known brands, such as Bosch, Rowenta, AEG and others, offer cheap bagless vacuum cleaners in their assortment. The cheap models are provided with fewer features, has an inferior filter than other models and are not very good when it comes to specifications (higher sound level and lesser operating radius).
The best cheap bagless vacuum cleaners
Here is the list with the 3 best cheap bagless vacuum cleaners according to our comparison, with a price below 101 £.
|Bagless vacuum cleaner|
The cheapest bagless vacuum cleaners
This is the ranking list of the 5 cheapest bagless vacuum cleaners.
Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Bagless vacuum cleaners are fairly new in the world of vacuum cleaners. Nevertheless, they have become increasingly popular throughout the years. Many people find them cleaner, easier to maintain, and more cost-effective in the long run. Because they don’t require bags that need to be changed and replaced after filling up, they are also the more environmentally friendly option.
What is a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner?
Bagless vacuum cleaners are vacuum cleaners that don’t need a replaceable bag to store the dust and dirt that accumulates as you clean. Instead, they use a dust bin. When it fills up, you simply have to remove it, empty it out, and clean it.
Before you head to the nearest store to buy yourself a bagless vacuum cleaner, here are some important features to keep in mind.
Suction power is one of the most important aspects of any vacuum cleaner, not just the bagless ones. A vacuum’s suction power determines how easily it can pick up dirt. Look for a model that has stronger suction power will do a better job of removing dirt and pet hairs, as well as cleaning in those hard-to-reach corners of a room.
Filtration is another important aspect of vacuum cleaners because a filter determines how efficiently it is can remove dust and dirt from its surroundings. Research the different kinds of filters that bagless vacuum cleaners can have. If you or someone in your household has allergies or asthma, your best choice would be a bagless vacuum cleaner that comes with a HEPA-grade filter. This type of filter catches dust, dirt, and other allergens and filters them out so that they don’t get released back into the room.
Allergy-friendly bagless vacuum cleaner
Some bagless vacuum cleaners are perfect for households with allergy suffers. If this is the case in your house, we recommend you to look for a model with either a HEPA 13 or HEPA 14 filter, because they collect nearly 99.95% to 99.995% of the dust particles.
Attachments, Nozzles and Brushes
Most vacuum cleaners come with some or all of the following nozzles and brushes as part of the purchase.
- Combi-brush: the most common brush in a vacuum cleaner that allows you to vacuum hard floors, tiles, carpets.
- Parquet brush: used to clean more vulnerable floor surfaces, like those made of wood.
- Turbo brush: a great brush to have if you have pets as it easily removes fur from sofas, mattresses, upholstery, etc.
- Crevice nozzle: helps you clean tight spots like corners, between sofa cushions, and even the coils of your refrigerator.
- Furniture nozzle: used to vacuum your couch, furniture, and even your car.
- Embossing brush: used for fragile furniture, like glass coffee tables, paintings, lampshades, blinds, and more.
Not all vacuum cleaners come with these nozzles and brushes, and some may have attachments that are not included in this list. Before you make your purchase, take note of the different areas in your home that you will be cleaning and choose a vacuum cleaner that has the kinds of attachments you will need.
A vacuum cleaner’s noise can be very irritating especially if you live with children, pets, or even the elderly. Some vacuum cleaners make minimal noise, while others can be quite loud. It is best to check a vacuum cleaner’s sound level before buying to avoid unwanted noise while cleaning.
The sound levels of bagless vacuum cleaners vary from 71 dB to 80 dB. The distribution of sound levels among the models is shown in the diagram. The average sound level for the 13 bagless vacuum cleaners compared is 77 dB.
Before you buy a vacuum cleaner, make sure that it is easy to move around and carry up and down the stairs.
You also need to consider its action or operating radius. A vacuum cleaner’s action or operating radius depends on the length of its cord and hose. The longer they are, the more area you will be able to cover without having to plug it in somewhere else. The wider a vacuum’s operating radius, the more time it will save you on cleaning.
The operating radius varies from 6 metres to 12 metres in our test on bagless vacuum cleaners. The distribution of operating radius is shown in the diagram below.
Bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair
The bagless vacuum cleaners are built for all-round cleaning, and some of them come with add-on accessories for more specialized purposes like removing pet hair. In our comparison, Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat&Dog PowerLine SKCF3 is the best bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
Light bagless vacuum cleaner
Some people prefer a light bagless vacuum cleaner for it is easy to manoeuvre. The best lightweight bagless vacuum cleaner is Philips FC9332/09 weighing 4.5 kg, while is the best lightweight bagless vacuum cleaners (with a weight below 5 kg) weighing .
Benefits of Getting a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Higher Suction Power
Bagged vacuums tend to decrease their suction power when their bags start filling up. On the other hand, bagless vacuum cleaners maintain a more consistent suction power, so you will be able to thoroughly clean your home without having to go over certain areas again and again.
The Dust Bin is Easy to Empty
Bagless vacuums come with a dust bin that is easy to empty out. All you need to do is release the dust bin from the body of the vacuum cleaner, open the lid, and empty its contents.
Convenient to Use
Bagless vacuum cleaners have a standard see-through dust bin which makes them very convenient. This see-through dust bin lets you know when you need to empty it out. If you also accidentally vacuum something important while cleaning, you will be able to see it in the dust bin and take it out. Bagless vacuum cleaners are also more compact and easier to move around.
Using a bagless vacuum cleaner will save you a lot of money because you won’t need to regularly buy new bags to replace the old ones. The cost of the bags can add up over time. With a bagless vacuum, you also won’t need to worry about having to pause to go to the store in case you run out of bags while cleaning.
Apart from saving you money on disposable bags, bagless vacuum cleaners are also more environmentally friendly because they create less waste and pollution. All you need to do is empty and clean the dust bin when you finish vacuuming.
Disadvantages of buying a bagless vacuum cleaner (as compared to a bagged one)
No vacuum cleaner is perfect. Each one has its pros and cons. Here are a few challenges that come with bagless vacuum cleaners:
Exposure to allergens
The biggest challenge with bagless vacuum cleaners is that when you open the dust bin to empty them, you get exposed to all of the dust, dirt, and other allergens. Because the dirt doesn’t just go into an airtight bag that you can remove and throw away, there is a chance that you will end up releasing some of the dust and allergens back into the air while cleaning out the dust bin.
Requires More Maintenance
It all depends on the capacity of the bagless vacuum cleaner that you buy, as well the size of your house is and the amount of dirt it accumulates. Nevertheless, bagless vacuum cleaners usually have a smaller dust capacity, so you will need to empty them more frequently. They might also make a bit of a mess when you empty them out, and some of the dirt might get trapped inside.
Popular bagless vacuum cleaner brands
- Miele: The German brand Miele is well-known for creating high-quality vacuum cleaners with a long life. Miele is ranked as the #1 best bagless vacuum cleaner brand in our comparison. The best bagless Miele vacuum cleaners are Miele Blizzard CX1 PowerLine SKRF3 in our comparison.
- AEG: AEG offers a wide range of bagless vacuum cleaners to cater to different needs. The best bagless AEG vacuum cleaner is in our comparison.
- Dyson: The British brand Dyson has specialized in only bagless vacuum cleaners and cordless vacuum cleaners (and has thus chosen not to develop bagged vacuum cleaners). Dyson is well-known for offering innovative products in the premium price range and is the first choice for many consumers, especially within cordless vacuum cleaners.
- Rowenta: Rowenta’s assortment of bagless vacuum cleaners come in several options which include models for households with allergy sufferers, quiet models, cheap models and models for homes with pets. The best Rowenta vacuum cleaner is in our comparison.
- Bosch: In our ranking list of the best bagless vacuum cleaner brands, Bosch is ranked the # best. The best bagless Bosch vacuum cleaner is in the comparison.
- Philips: The best bagless Philips vacuum cleaner is Philips FC9332/09 in our comparison. The brand is ranked as the # best in our rankings of the best bagless vacuum cleaners.