Methodology 1.1 (June 2023)We use both qualitative and quantitative criteria when we assess each handheld vacuum cleaner.
Qualitative dataWe use the handheld vacuum cleaner in the home for general use, which helps answer the following about the product:
- Is the product comfortable in use?
- Is it easy to empty?
- Is it intuitive?
Quantitative dataWe go through a series of quantitative tests with the handheld vacuum cleaner, which includes:
- Ability to pick up 50 grams of sand on a carpet in 10 seconds.
- Ability to pick up 50 grams of sand on a parquet floor in 10 seconds.
- Ability to pick up animal hair from a carpet.
- Measure the maximum and average noise level at an arm’s length from the product.